Welcome Message


Hello, and welcome to my blog. I am currently studying Media Studies at Ilkley Grammar School at A2 level and this blog will show you everything that I will be looking at this year. Each blog post will be like a piece of work that can be looked at individually. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog as I enjoy posting on it.

Friday 16 March 2012

Evaluation Question 1 - draft


·       Problems with the questions such as there being many different types of real media products which are a part of a specific genre but will not show expected themes, concepts or ideas.

·       Define conventions of pop format e.g. performance based, bright lighting, shot variety etc.
·       Compare my music video and what I have researched to the specific genre conventions of a pop video. Include narrative aspect which isn’t always used.

·       Include what I have developed in my music video in relation to conventions such as the ‘cute’ aspect being developed even further to a very youthful audience. How I have challenged conventions of the pop girl band music video by including aspects of alcoholic beverages being consumed. I have decided to include this aspect as a large proportion of our age group is 16-22, so they can relate more to the video and the band members. This element brings the video out of its tweenage audience and more into an older age range. All shots of alcohol drinking are shot in a proper manner and does not promote or include any evidence of drunkenness. The video still keeps its theme of innocence and fun.

·       Explain the difference between develop and challenge.
Challenging genre = completely different ideas
Developing genre = reflecting but changing

·       Have mainly kept to genre conventions of performance only but have included some narrative to give the music video more of a story to keep up with.

·       Relation between digipak front and back. Kept to the same theme of including sweets and balloons. This is relevant to the actual music video as well. One continuous flowing image on the front and back panels.

·       Difference between digipak and CD, digipak ecological aspects, dual case, cheaper to post/produce. Include how people don’t buy digipak’s or CDs anymore, illegal downloads.
·       Am I happy with the media language portrayed in my music video? Yes stuck to genre conventions, kept cute/innocent theme, performance + narrative, signifies, balloons, glitter, feathers, sweets, kept playful aspects. 

Would change to having more lip-synching to fit conventions better. Spent time and money on props and outfits really looked into genre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are appropriate.