Welcome Message


Hello, and welcome to my blog. I am currently studying Media Studies at Ilkley Grammar School at A2 level and this blog will show you everything that I will be looking at this year. Each blog post will be like a piece of work that can be looked at individually. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog as I enjoy posting on it.

Tuesday 6 September 2011

I Want You Back - Jackson 5

Song: I Want You Back
Artists: Jackson 5
Year of release:  1969
Director: Stephen Lance & Mairi Cameron
 
Genre: soul, funk, pop

Characteristics: colour, live stage, band, instruments, family, fringe clothing, waistcoats

Relationship between lyrics and visuals: as the music video just contains the Jackson 5 live on stage singing, the visuals may not as be a specific as they could have been if they had the technology to do so in that era of time.
 
Relationship between music and visuals: the music is live and includes an array of instruments such as guitars, a piano, drums etc. The visuals include the Jackson 5 playing and singing live in front of a studio audience. The main singer of this song was a very young Michael Jackson backed up vocally by his brothers.
 
Close ups: Michael Jackson is the main focus of the close ups in this music video as he is the main singer of the band for this particular song.
 
Performance based: the music video contains the band the Jackson 5 singing live from a studio audience. The song ‘I Want You Back’ explores the theme of a lover who decides that that he was too hasty in dropping his partner. An unusual aspect of this song is that its main lead vocal was performed by a preteen Michael Jackson.


Youtube hits: 4 million


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are appropriate.