Welcome Message


Hello, and welcome to my blog. I am currently studying Media Studies at Ilkley Grammar School at A2 level and this blog will show you everything that I will be looking at this year. Each blog post will be like a piece of work that can be looked at individually. I hope you enjoy looking at my blog as I enjoy posting on it.

Monday 18 July 2011

Mini-vid Filming and Editing

On Friday the 14th July my group and I filmed more for our mini music video Plastic Dreams. My team had previously filmed two weeks before some different types of shots and footage, but found that we had not included enough variety of shots, and so we filmed more shots that we could include in our final music video. In the previous week my team and I had started editing our music video and so had the start of it complete, and had some idea of what kinds of shots we wanted to include.
We decided to film in the original location of bluebell woods in Ilkley, and shot a larger variety of shots to include in our music video. These shots included point of view shots (POV), long shots, panning shots and close ups.
We faced some problems when shooting in the woods in Ilkley. These included a primary school of children walking through the woods at one point during filming and the noise of the traffic passing by the woods. Aspects in the woods that worked to our advantage were the eerie noises of birds and the creaking of trees in the wind, which gave the shots a nice creepy vibe to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are appropriate.